Age-defying and corrective products make up a competitive and money-generating business. In a lifetime, women will spend approximately $15,000 on makeup with only 10% of that on lotions and moisturizers. We asked Sine Qua Non Salons’ esthetician, Rebecca about products and daily regimes that clients can do to promote healthy, younger-looking skin!
1. What is the secret to youthful skin as you age?
Ideally a healthy diet that includes plenty of healthy fats and low sugar. A healthy lifestyle that includes enough rest, plenty of water daily and little to no toxins. Keep your skin protected from the sun and maintain a healthy skin regime.
2. What products do you recommend for clients who burn easily in the sun? Sunscreen, moisturizer, etc.
- Eminence’s Bright Skin or Persimmon and Cantaloupe are my personal favorites.
- Start your morning with a moisturizer that contains an SPF of 30 or higher.
- Eminence Sun Defense Minerals – Keep it on you and reapply every 2-3 hours! A lot of people think that you only need to apply sunscreen once and you are set for the day. Whether you apply SPF 15 to SPF 75, your skin will need a reapplication within 3 hours.
- I absolutely love powder SPFs because it is going to keep you protected without messing up your makeup. It will also reduce any excess oil or shine you may experience during the day.