winter skin care tips
Brrrrrrrr! Winter can be hard, especially on our skin. We go from ice cold winds to extreme dry fabricated heat. Our skin becomes red, dry, irritated and flakey. Ughhh.
What can we do to fix this? Cleanse, Exfoliate, Hydrate, and Masque! Here we share our favorite Eminence Organic Skin care remedies to heal and refresh winter skin.
Sweet Red Rose Cleanser. This light cleansing milk uses fragrant rose oil and lemon juice to hydrate normal-to-combination and sensitive skin.
- Sweet Red Rose Petals: soothe and hydrate
- Sweet Red Rose Oil: replenish skin’s moisture barrier
- Lemon Juice: assists in toning and reducing visible signs of aging
Use morning and night.
Why this cleanser rocks: Not only are you hydrating your face just by using this cleanser you are also calming your skin as well fighting signs of aging with it. Nice!
Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant. Achieve a bright and radiant looking complexion with our Strawberry Rhubarb Dermafoliant. Rice powder absorbs oil while lactic and salicylic acids remove dead skin cells. The strawberries and rhubarb infuse the skin with antioxidants.
- Strawberry: cleanser and astringent; contains Salicylic acid that gently exfoliates and removes impurities to brighten skin’s appearance and shrink the appearance of pores
- Rhubarb: a good source of ascorbic acid and vitamins to fight the look of wrinkles
- Lactic Acid: sloughs off dead skin cells to improve texture of skin
- Rice: gentle exfoliant; buffs and smoothes skin texture
- Chickpea Flour: tightens the look of pores; absorbs excess oil and helps to buff and smooth skin’s appearance
- Thermal Mud: contains high amounts of mineral trace elements and sulfur to improve and support the skin’s appearance
- Oats: deeply cleanse and smooth
Use mainly at night 2-3 times a week. Can also be combined with Sweet Red Rose Cleanser for sensitive skin types.
Why this product rocks: One of the best ways to gently exfoliate and refresh your skin. The rice powder and lactic acid are gentle yet effective enough to take off dead skin yet not cause tearing.
Herbal Recovery Oil. Toning and hydrating oil created with precious herbs and nourishing oils to soothe and renew sensitive and aging skin. This is a luxurious facial oil suitable for all skin types.
Use on cleansed skin. One to two drops is as you need. Can be used under or with Moisturizer of choice.
- Clary Sage Oil: calming; balances oil production
- Olive Oil: calms and soothes the look of skin while deeply hydrating the skin
- Sage Leaf Extract: antioxidant; rejuvenates and tones the look of skin
- Ylang Ylang: cleanser; calming and balancing
Why this product RULES: This might be one of my personal favorite products in this line. The oil is FULL of goodies for your skin. No matter the season your skin will thank you for using this product. Its softens as well as calms the skin. Instantly you’ll see and feel a difference.
Calm Skin Arnica Masque. Organic ingredients including marigold, ivy and arnica soothe and detoxify the skin while reducing the appearance of inflammation.
- Arnica: Cleanser
- Marigold: gently soothes, cleans, and moisturizes the skin’s appearance
- Shea Butter: moisturizer high in triglycerides and fatty acids, excellent emollient for skin; replenishes the skin moisture barrier
- Ivy Leaf: nutrient, antioxidant; source of high potency vitamin C
- Horse Chestnut: tones the skin’s appearance
Use on cleansed skin, can be put on for 5-10 minutes or can be slept in for heavy duty treatment.
Why this product might just save you!: After having the masque on your face your skin will feel calmed and supple! Also Arnica will take away the redness caused by the bitter cold with in minutes! Call our Lincoln Park location to schedule your winter rescue facial now, each mic